Convex Build Bounty: Build new Jotion features, win cash prizes!
In October, Code with Antonio demonstrated using Convex to build Jotion, a Fullstack Notion Clone with Next.js 13, React, and Tailwind. The live tutorial resonated within the developer community, leading to a surge of hundreds of developers crafting their Notion clones, forking the tutorial, and starring the repository on GitHub.
To support & reward those keen on further developing this project, with Antonio’s blessing, we’re excited to introduce our inaugural Build Bounty: Jotion.
Imagine a hybrid of a Hackathon, a bug bounty, and a contest – that constitutes a Build Bounty. The Convex Build Bounty is your chance to contribute new features to the Notion clone, collaborate with the community, and have bragging rights as one of our first Build Bounty winners.
- Start Date: Thursday, November 16th
- End Date: Sunday, December 3rd
- Winners Announcement: Monday, December 12th
- Prize Pool: $3000
- Inspiration: Begin by watching the "Code With Antonio's Fullstack Notion Clone (Jotion]" video here.
- Fork the Project: Access the Notion Clone tutorial repository on GitHub here.
- Join the Community: Engage with fellow participants in the #build-jotion channel on our Discord community at convex.dev/community. All Build Bounty updates and submission guidelines will be shared in our Discord #build-jotion channel.
- Start Developing: Use your skills and creativity to enhance Jotion.
- Base your project on Antonio's Jotion, starting with a fork of his repository.
- Use Convex in your project.
- Introduce innovative new features.
If you’re looking for ideas for new features to add to Jotion, here’s a list.
- document sharing
- multiplayer editing
- content search
- browse/restore history
- native mobile version
- Top Multiplayer/Collaborative Feature: $1000
- Use of Convex features (vector search, indexes, etc.): $1000
- Most Innovative/Surprising Feature: $500
- Community Favorite: $500 (based on 🏆 reactions in Discord)
- Jamie Turner, Co-founder & CEO, Convex
- Ian Macartney, DevX Engineer, Convex
- Wayne Sutton, DevX/Community, Convex
- Anjana Vakil, Independent Developer & Educator
- Simen, (Eventyret) Solutions Engineer, Strapi
- It works: Your app functions as intended without glaring bugs.
- It’s better: Your project implements additional functionality compared with the original Jotion.
- It’s Convex: Your backend & client code follows Convex best practices.
- It’s solid: Your codebase is well-tested & documented.
To submit your project, step one is to join the #build-jotion channel in the Convex Discord. Look for the submission form to drop the last week of the Build Bounty.
A 1-2-minute demo video of your Convex dashboard is in the submission form.
Submissions are due on Sunday, December 3rd at 11:59 PM your time.
Join members of the Convex team and meet other jotion developers participating in the build bash on Wednesday, November 29th at 9:00 AM PT. The Jotion DevJam will take place in our Discord community here.
We can’t wait to see what you build!
Convex Build Bounty Legal F.A.Q.
- Who can participate in the Convex Build Bounty?
- Eligible Individuals are those who have reached the age of majority in their residence at the time of entry.
- Can I participate as a team or individually?
- You can work on your Jotion project as a team or individually, but prizes will be awarded per project regardless of the team size.
- Can I submit more than one submission?
- Who can not participate in the Convex Build Bounty?
- Any individual or organization whose involvement in the Convex Build Bounty, at the sole judgment, leads to a real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Individuals residing in, or organizations based in, countries, states, provinces, or territories where U.S. laws or local regulations forbid participation or receipt of prizes in the Convex Build Bounty.
- Convex employees and contractors, investors, board members, or their family members, encompassing the employee's or contractor's spouse, children and stepchildren, parents and stepparents, and siblings and stepsiblings.
- Intellectual Property
- All submissions remain the intellectual property of the individuals or organizations that developed them. By submitting an entry, individuals agree that the Convex will have a non-exclusive license to use such entry for judging the entry. Entrants agree that Convex will have the right to promote the submission and individuals contributing to submission in any materials promoting or publicizing the Convex Build Bounty and its results during the Convex Build Bounty and afterward. Convex Build Bounty submissions may be displayed to the public.
- Your entry must: (a) be an original creation by you, your team, or your organization; (b) be exclusively owned by you, your team, or your organization without rights or claims from others; and (c) not infringe upon the intellectual property or other rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, contract, and privacy rights, of any third party.
- Prohibited Content
- Entries should be appropriate for general audiences, suitable for publication, and must avoid including anything harmful, illegal, or indecent.
Convex is the backend application platform with everything you need to build your project. Cloud functions, a database, file storage, scheduling, search, and realtime updates fit together seamlessly.